A Note From A Runner Who Recently Joined . . . 

Having lived in the South Bay since 2005 and an avid runner, I naturally heard about Club Ed in my small running circle. I had always thought about joining, but assumed I needed to be a bit more serious about my running and be able to devote more time to the club.

This past February 2013 I decided to 'bite the bullet' and join. It is the best decision I have made in a while!!! I run track on Wednesdays and the long mileage hill runs on Saturday mornings. In the past 3 months, I have seen increasing progress in my tempo runs and my races. I consider myself more of a long distance runner, but Ed encouraged me to run a 5K for speed. So, for the first time since high school, I signed up for a 5K in April and had a great time, surprising myself with my time.

This is a great club with amazing team camaraderie!!! Now, onto my goal for the Hometown Fair :)

Martha